If you want to drive in the state of Michigan you will have to have car insurance. It is against the law in every state to drive without it. Each state decides on the minimum amount of liability coverage that you must carry. If you are unable to provide proof of your Michigan car insurance from https://insurancequote.deals/michigan-auto-insurance-quotes/ if you are stopped by a law enforcement officer you could be subject to a fine, possibly face jail time, and your driver’s license may be suspended. It’s not worth the hassle of not getting the car insurance you need. If you ask your insurance agent he can tell you what discounts his company offers. Here are a few to ask about:
- Multi-car – if you are going to insure more than one vehicle you may qualify for the multi-car discount.
- Bundling – bringing your other insurance policies over to one insurance company will save you money. If you brought your homeowners, life, and motorcycle insurance over to one company you will save more on all of them combines than you would for each one independently.
- Pay upfront – one discount everyone is paying your entire premium at one time rather than break it down into monthly installments.
- Switching discount – if you change your Michigan car insurance to another company you may find one that will give you a 5% discount just for switching your car insurance over to them.
- Safe driver – keeping your record clean is one of the best ways of saving on your car insurance. If you have not had an accident within the past 3 years you could qualify for a safe driver discount.
- Low claims – if you have not submitted any claims in the past you could qualify or a no-claims discount. If all the drivers on the policy have not had any convictions or claims in 5 years you might qualify for a discount.
- Security equipment – if your car has an anti-theft device installed on it you could save from 5 to 25 percent on your Michigan car insurance. You could have an alarm system or a recovery system in order to be eligible for this savings.
- Extra safety devices – cars that have automatic seat belts or side airbags can receive discounts for reducing the company’s liability.
- Military discount – whether you are in the military full time, part time, or you are a retired veteran, you and your family members can receive a discount.